Re: vacation_local not sending auto-reply

On 5/3/07, arjun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <arjun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is my setup:
>
> php-5.1.6-3.5.fc6
> vacation-1.2.6.1-3
> httpd-2.2.4-1.fc6
> squirrelmail-1.4.8-4.fc6
> Fedora Core 6 i386 running 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 kernel
> vacation_local-2.0-1.4 donwloaded from squirrelmail site
> vsftpd-2.0-58 running and accepting connections locally
>
> I have followed the instructions in README and INSTALL and, accordingly, I
> have:
> Copied over config.php.sample to config.php.
> Set up the (hopefully) correct options in config.php.  I use the ftp backend.
> Copied over vacation_local directory to /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins
> and then turned it on by adding it to active plugins in conf.pl. Restarted
> httpd several times since then.
>
> Under options --> vacation message, I can enter a vacation message.  When
> I check off 'Send auto-reply to sender?' and click on submit, it says
> setting saved but nothing takes effect.  If I send an email to the account
> (from another account), I do not get a reply with the vacation message.
>
> Any ideas on how I can resolve this ?

Re: your subject line: the plugin sends no mail whatsoever.  The
plugin only sets up a .forward file that your MTA/LDA uses when trying
to deliver your mail.  You should FIRST determine the correct format
for .forward files used by your MTA/LDA, test one that you created
manually, and only then set the plugin up so that it can produce the
same .forward file.  The only thing the plugin needs to conform to is
just that - creating the correctly formatted .forward file.  The rest
is unrelated to SM or the plugin and needs to be addressed as you set
up your mail server preferably before you install this plugin.  If
someone recognizes your setup (although you don't give any information
about your MTA/LDA), maybe they can kindly help you here, but you
really are starting in the wrong place.

Good luck,
paul