Re: Very slow display of all Squirrelmail pages

Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

Good questions. I think I have ruled out DNS as an issue since it isn't
needed just to display the inbox and because I have no delays using
qmail and courier-imap with a standard client (Thunderbird). I also did
a test sending an email to another domain on my box. I am pretty sure
the issue isn't any of the external mail processes.

SM is running under apache 2.2. I have a bunch of web sites running and
response is blazing fast even with dynamically served sites using PHP
and MYSQL. I get to squirrelmail via a subdomain which has the webmail
directory as its DocumentRoot.  i.e.: webmail.mtnlion.com. Note that
there is a very long delay even getting to the login screen (I run SM
under https and I have other pages also under https that don't suffer
any delays).

Unless I have this very wrong, DNS isn't needed to get to the login
screen, and DNS is running very fast too. This server doesn't get a lot
of traffic. Even putting in an invalid user name and password takes a
very long time to display a screen.

Bob