Re: What is the best apache/php configuration if you only need squirrelmail?

>> when messages are deleted, moved or purged. For example manager's
>> mailbox
>> with 3-5 thousand messages can be bigger than 2 GB. Several months ago I
>
> Well one of mine is getting close to that, so lets see what happens when
> it gets there :)
>
>> See also http://www.courier-mta.org/mbox-vs-maildir/
>
> Sam's "this V that" is hardly an unbiased opinion :)

First link (http://www.washington.edu/imap/documentation/formats.txt.html)
contains opinion of Marc Crispin. So they both say same thing. You can
verify courier-vs-mbox tests. I don't have to do that, because I've seen
complains about uw performance with mbox files n years ago.

I am not saying that you should use maildir. Any other indexed mailbox and
efficient mailbox format will work.

One more point against mbox. Mailbox is rebuild when messages are purged.
It takes time to rebuild bigger mailbox. By default SquirrelMail executes
EXPUNGE after every move and delete operation.

--
Tomas