Re: Turck MMCache & squirrelmail & performance

> Hiya.  I think you need closer analysis of where the bottleneck(s) are
> before you just throw a PHP cache at the problem.  Without detailed
> information about your system, I can't really offer specific suggestions.

Okay,

Distro:  Fedora Core 6
Kernel:  Linux version 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6
(brewbuilder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version 4.1.1 20070105 (Red
Hat 4.1.1-51)) #1 SMP Tue Apr 10 18:46:45 EDT 2007
CPU:     AMD Sempron 3000+
RAM:     1GB Dual-channel DDR 400 cas 2-2-5
Motherboard:  ASUS A7V880
Hard Drive:   Western Digital 120gb IDE

PHP Version 5.1.6
Apache/2.2.4 (Fedora)
IMAP:  dovecot-1.0.0-8_56.fc6.at
Mailbox format:  mbox

SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php (1.4.0)
Plugins
  Installed Plugins
    1. delete_move_next
    2. filters
    3. message_details
    4. newmail
    5. sent_subfolders
    6. squirrelspell
    7. folder_sizes
    8. info
    9. listcommands
    10. administrator
    11. abook_take
    12. spamcop
    13. view_as_html
    14. compatibility
    15. image_buttons
    16. msg_flags
    17. attachment_tnef
    18. archive_mail
    19. empty_trash
    20. proon
    21. spamassassin

  Available Plugins:
    22. bug_report
    23. calendar
    24. addgraphics
    25. expire
    26. gpg
    27. translate
    28. mail_fetch
    29. fortune
    30. auto_prune_sent

> I'd look at optimizing the IMAP server first.

I have already implemented most of the suggestions in the optimization
guide except the cache.  The only thing I really don't want to do is sort
my mail upon receipt.

This all started happening when I installed the proon plugin.  Now, when I
log in, it can take a minute or more to finish.  This doesn't always
happen but it frequently does.

I suppose I could try to figure out how to rewrite the proon as a cron
job.  Then it would not have to run at login.  That would be a serious
undertaking for me though.  :(

Again, any help would be appreciated.

believed to be clean.