Turck MMCache & squirrelmail & performance

Hello all,

I've got some serious performance issues and I have been considering
installing Turck MMCache.  I was wondering if anyone has any experience
with this and if it works with squirrelmail.

Also, any other performance tips would be greatly appreciated.  My major
issues are with the pruning plugin and searches.  When I log in for the
first time in the morning, it can take up to 5 minutes for my inbox to
finish displaying.

Thank you in advance.

believed to be clean.