Re: ERROR: Could not append message to mail/sent & ERROR:Could not complete request.

Sorry, I meant to send this to the list not personal email.

from Deborah Roelfsema <Deborah.Roelfsema@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> I really need your help, I have been asked to answer and reply to emails
> for a voluntary organisation (none of them are computer literate and I'm
> not much better).

Is the email server (IMAP server) running on their own computer or one provided
by a hosting company or ISP?

> ERROR : Could not complete request.
> Query: EXPUNGE
> Reason Given: EXPUNGE failed: Unable to extend mailbox: Disk quota
> exceeded

Sounds like you need to talk to the administrator of the computer on which the
IMAP server is running.  It may have run out of disk space (or at least exceeded
the user's quota, as suggested by the error message).  Or it might be a quota in
the IMAP server.

If that is you then you need to allocate more space to the user, either at the
operating system level or the IMAP server.  I can't tell you how to do those.

Aside, I also don't know why EXPUNGE fails if the user disk quota is exceeded,
but I'm no IMAP expert - perhaps the email administrator would know.

> Solution: Remove unneccessary messages from your folder and start with
> your Trash folder.

Did you try this?  It is suggesting that you empty your "Trash" folder first.
Perhaps this operation doesn't require extra disk space as removing messages
from other folders does.

Good luck.

Dave