Re: Emails lost in the ether

> SM 1.4.3a1
> Red Hat Fedora
>
> We are having trouble with email loss.  We have had some internet
> connection problems and an internal desktop computer infected with a
> mailer that got us blacklisted on a variety of databases.  However, I
> have so far explained the email loss because of packet loss and
> blacklisting (we are in the process of correcting these problems);
> however I have just found a case were on SM user on the local domain sent
> an email, but the second part on the same local domain and same internal
> network did not receive it.
>
> I checked the header and found the log entries in /maillog that show
> user.1 sending the message (status=sent, Q cleared correctly etc), but
> user.2(the receipient) did not receive it.  I know the user.2 did not
> delete, as I am user.2.  I also checked the /var/spool/virtual/user.1 and
> user.2 directories and found the email sent but not received.
>
> The email had no attachment and was a forwarded message.

I don't think that this is related to SquirrelMail since the mail log
shows that user 1 sent the mail. You have to take another look at your
MTA, your IMAP server, and every program in between. Maybe some filtering
program deleted the mail for you. If the mail never reached your IMAP
server, that's out of SquirrelMail's control.

Sincerely,
Fredrik