Re: Mobile Devices

On 4/17/07, Steven Berkson <sberkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone have a theme template or know of a way to use
> Squirrelmail effectively with mobile devices (PDA Phones)?

You need to have more specifics, mostly if the phone has a WAP browser
or CHTML (imode) or some other browser.  I have been playing with some
code in that realm, but the real answer to your question right now is
that it is a touch too early -- no one has dug in yet and put any
template sets together to help you with that.

> If not, does anyone know of a PHP alternative to Squirrelmail for
> mobile devices? Clients can currently go to domain.com/mail for
> Squirrelmail. I would like them to be able to go to something like
> domain.com/mmail for mobile devices or choose a squirrelmail
> theme/install that is more compatible with mobile devices.

Sorry I don't know, but maybe someone else does.  Just wanted to let
it be known that it is my belief (and I have some prototyping/POC code
that bears this out) that SM 1.5.x+ *will* be capable of serving WAP,
CHTML, and anything else to mobile or other devices.

Cheers,

 Paul