Re: Detaching attachments from emails?

Hello Ralf,

On Wed, March 21, 2007 1:11 pm, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> One of our users asked if there was a way of detaching (removing)
> attachments from incoming) emails in SquirrelMail. He wants to keep the
> mail, but the attachment (which he saved seperately elsewhere) isn't
> needed anymore.

The only way to detach an attachments is by appending a new message based
on the old message, but without the attachments, to your selected mailbox
(maintaining the internaldate and flags).

Instead of the attachments you can put an text/plain inline mime-parts in
place with information about the original attachment and of course the
information it is deleted (by who, what time and the original filename and
mime type). (that's how I should implement it)

When that's done you can remove the message with the attachment (delete
and expunge) and update or empty the internal mailbox header cache.

Piece of cake, isn't it ;-)

Regards,

Marc Groot Koerkamp.