Re: Detaching attachments from emails?

Marc Groot Koerkamp wrote:
> Hello Ralf,
>
> On Wed, March 21, 2007 1:11 pm, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>> One of our users asked if there was a way of detaching (removing)
>> attachments from incoming) emails in SquirrelMail. He wants to keep the
>> mail, but the attachment (which he saved seperately elsewhere) isn't
>> needed anymore.
>
> The only way to detach an attachments is by appending a new message based
> on the old message, but without the attachments, to your selected mailbox
> (maintaining the internaldate and flags).

We actually hacked together a plugin that does exactly this (based on
someone else's even more hacked together plugin!). It is very much in a
'works for us' state and isn't perfect - eg the timestamp is updated and
it still has the attachment icon in the message view but it works up to
that point.

We really don't have time right now to develop it for general release
but I can send it to this list (or direct) tarred up if someone wants to
  improve on it.

Daniel