Re: HTML visualization problem

On Sab, Marzo 10, 2007 07:29, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>> I've the followings (sporadic) problem:
>>  1- email received are not displayed correcly in HTML:
>>   1.1- sometimes the email shows few strange chars when all the others are
>> correct (I suppose a charset problem !?);
>
> depends on what you call correct chars and what are strange chars

I will try to trak down this problem soon;

>>   1.2- sometimes the email shows the HTML source and not the rendered HTML;
>
> rfc 2045 chapter 4 violation. Somebody forgot to add required mime headers.

again I will try to trak down this problem soon;

>>  2- when forwarding or replying to an HTML email (that is displayed
>> correctly)
>> the original HTML it is not displayed as HTML;
>
> SquirrelMail does not support html formating in compose form by default.
> html_mail plugin has options that control when html compose form is used.

the plugin html_mail is installed and I've the following options:
Default Email Composition Format: 	HTML
Only Reply In HTML When Viewing HTML Format: 	No (Always Reply In HTML)

and I've tracked down the following message example that it is displayed
correctly as HTML but then when trying to forward or reply to it the response
is NOT in HTML but in plain text (and I can see the html source):

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:31:21 +0100 (CET)
From: TTTT <xxxxxx@xxxxxxx>
To: yyyyyy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HTML-mixed

------=_Part_46736_3878585.1172662281139

<title>Messaggio di notifica Conto On Line registrati</title>=
la informiamo che le sue <b>fatture</b> =
sono state appena emesse e <b>sono</=
b> gi&agrave; <b>disponibili on line !!!</b>.=
------=_Part_46736_3878585.1172662281139--

Can you point me to the right direction to identyfing the problem?

Regards,
Roberto

> --
> Tomas

Roberto Trovo'

ReDiX Informatica S.r.l.
Via Cesare Cantù, 58
20035 Lissone (MI)
Tel  +39 039 2458044 / +39 039 2456206
Fax  +39 039 4655920
e-mail roberto.trovo [at] redix.it

Disclaimer

This message is being sent from ReDiX Informatica and may contain information
which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message
and any attachments without retaining a copy. Any unauthorized use of the
content of this message is a breach of your duty to respect the
confidentiality of the correspondence between other persons and can expose the
responsible party to civil and/or criminal penalties, and may constitute a
more serious offense.