Re: Problems Forwarding

>>> A few users here cannot forward mail for some odd reason.
>>>
>>> I checked the logs, and the error in httpd-errors.log is:
>>>
>>> [Mon Jan 29 18:46:17 2007] [error] [client ip.was.here] PHP Notice:
>>> Undefined variable: theme_default in
>>> /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/include/load_prefs.php on line 68, referer:
>>> https://webmail.chapman.edu/src/login.php
>>> Any words of wisdom for me?
>>>

>> Could you make sure that you have all SquirrelMail configuration
>> variables in your configuration file.
>>
>> If you have register_globals turned on, make sure that setting is turned
>> off or show list of enabled plugins with version numbers and all
>> modifications made in src/login.php.
>>
> Okay.  I'm unaware of any good way to obtain the plugin versions-- if
> you could assist with that I'd be grateful.  The only changes in
> login.php were to add some custom text on the landing page, nothing else.

Your modifications can be applied with plugin attached to login_bottom hook.

Signed SSL certs cost 10-100 USD/year.

> $allow_thread_sort        = false;
> $allow_server_sort        = false;

turn on server side sorting.
conf.pl -> 4. General Options -> 11. Allow Server side sorting

Dovecot supports server side sorting.

> $plugins[11] = 'unsafe_image_rules';

there is a file called version in plugins/unsafe_image_rules/ directory.
If you don't have it, upgrade. If version is older that 0.8, please
upgrade or fix setup.php. Plugins should not include
functions/addressbook.php in setup.php file directly.

> $plugins[12] = 'forced_prefs';

there is a file called version in plugins/forced_prefs/ directory. Make
sure that you get same login.php and load_prefs.php errors when plugin is
disabled.

> $plugins[15] = 'html_mail';

there is a file called version in plugins/html_mail/ directory.

If you are using some PHP cache or accelerator, please turn it off. I
think, only broken PHP Zend extension can create bogus ("Undefined
variable: existing_config_variable") error notices.

--
Tomas