Re: folder frame vanishing re-visited..

Fredrik Jervfors wrote:
>> my SM is possessed!
>
> ...Or maybe your web server. This might be one of those cases when a
> re-install of the web server and PHP might do the trick. This is just a
> far fetched suggestion though. I've no real reason to suspect the server
> to be the culprit, but then again: if SquirrelMail isn't broken, something
> else is.

I've tried that, to some extent, when I upgraded from debian 3.0 to
3.1 it also upgraded apache(1.x->2.x) and PHP(4.1->4.3). I upgraded
back in July I think(first encountered this issue a year ago today,
but the past year has been really busy for me so after the first
dozen hours or so working on it I set it aside, and haven't gotten
round to putting significant effort into it again until recently.).

I've left plugins off all night and so far I have not been able to
reproduce the problem in firefox 1.5. But in IE 6.0 I still get it
every time. I'll leave plugins off for another day or so and see if
I can get it to happen again. In IE6 I don't get any errors like
this anymore in IE6:
http://portal.aphroland.org/~aphro/SM/sm-issue-3.jpg

but the left frame still goes away when I click on a folder.

If I see it again in firefox I'll capture the html source.

I don't really care if it breaks in IE, if it doesn't break in
firefox/seamonkey/opera then I'll try adding plugins back in and
see which triggers it.

I think what I did different this time when I removed the plugins
was physically restarting the browser as well(no idea why that
does the trick but it does). Prior attempts I just logged out then
logged back in.

driving me nuts here.

thanks again!

nate