Re: folder frame vanishing re-visited..

> It's been almost a year since I first posted on this but was
> wondering if anyone else had seen this behavior since.
>
> I've been an SM user since ~1.0 was released in Jan of '01
> (or was it '02?). All versions up to 1.4.1 have worked quite
> well for me, really none have since, they all seem to trigger
> the same behavior. That is the left frame that shows the
> folders often dissapears after clicking on a link(seemingly
> random behavior, sometimes it's a message, sometimes it's
> a folder).
>
> I only have a few users on my system and all of them have
> seen the behavior, on different computers. Myself I've
> tested on about 4 different systems( 2 linux, Win2k, WinXP).
> It doesn't seem to matter what browser, I've tested in
> Firefox(1.5, and whatever the most recent rev was a
> year ago), IE6, and Seamonkey all show the same behavior.
>
> As for the server side, I started out with Debian woody
> when I originally posted this, which had these packages:
>
> ii  php4           4.1.2-7.woody5 A server-side, HTML-embedded scripting
> langu
> ii  php4-apc       1.1.0pl1-6     Caches PHP scripts to get them loaded
> much f
> ii  apache         1.3.26-0woody7 Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
> ii  apache-ssl     1.3.26.1+1.48- Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
> with
> ii  cyrus-admin    1.5.19-9.2     CMU Cyrus mail system (administration
> tool)
> ii  cyrus-common   1.5.19-9.2     CMU Cyrus mail system (common files)
> ii  cyrus-imapd    1.5.19-9.2     CMU Cyrus mail system (IMAP support)
> ii  cyrus-pop3d    1.5.19-9.2     CMU Cyrus mail system (POP3 support)
> ii  postfix        1.1.11-0.woody A high-performance mail transport agent
> ii  postfix-doc    1.1.11-0.woody Postfix documentation
> ii  postfix-ldap   1.1.11-0.woody LDAP map support for Postfix
> ii  postfix-pcre   1.1.11-0.woody PCRE map support for Postfix
> ii  postfix-tls    1.1.11+tls0.7. TLS and SASL support for Postfix
>
> (the php4-apc package had no impact on behavior as well)
>

> I have since upgraded to Debian Sarge which has newer packages:
> ii  apache-common  1.3.33-6sarge3 support files for all Apache webservers
> ii  apache2        2.0.54-5sarge1 next generation, scalable, extendable
> web se
> ii  apache2-common 2.0.54-5sarge1 next generation, scalable, extendable
> web se
> ii  apache2-mpm-pr 2.0.54-5sarge1 traditional model for Apache2
> ii  apache2-prefor 2.0.54-5sarge1 development headers for apache2
> ii  apache2-utils  2.0.54-5sarge1 utility programs for webservers
> ii  cyrus21-admin  2.1.18-1+sarge Cyrus mail system (administration tool)
> ii  cyrus21-client 2.1.18-1+sarge Cyrus mail system (test clients)
> ii  cyrus21-common 2.1.18-1+sarge Cyrus mail system (common files)
> ii  cyrus21-doc    2.1.18-1+sarge Cyrus mail system (documentation files)
> [...]

Some questions.

1. Blank page means PHP error or memory_limit issue. Do you have PHP
display_errors set to on and error_reporting set to E_ALL? Could you make
sure that PHP memory_limit is set higher than default value? If you use
default Postfix message size limits, make sure that PHP memory_limit is
20-30 MB or higher.

2. Please show list of enabled SquirrelMail plugins with version numbers

3. Do you have server side sorting enabled in SquirrelMail configuration?

4. Are you 100% sure that error is not caused php4-apc? When I tested apc
extension on Sarge (or Woody, it was long ago), I couldn't use box for
development because it created bogus errors when I modified PHP scripts.

--
Tomas