Re: multilogin plugin

On 12/17/06, simon@xxxxxxxxxxx <simon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have been using the multilogin plugin for quite sometime on Linux server
> A ( Domain A ) to log in with squirrel mail to Linux server B ( Domain B
> )and recently i had to format /usr n /var partitions and reinstalled linux
> on server B
>
> now when i try to log in by selectin the B server it gives me the
> following error .
> Error opening ../data/default_pref
> Could not create initial preference file!
> /var/data/ should be writable by user nobody
>
> the permission of /var/data directory is nobody nobody with write permisons
> now if i create the same directory on server A that is /var/data with the
> right right permissions i get no error it works fine but the mail received
> is the username@domain A . not as username@domain B as mentioned in plugin
> since the data directories are shared

Your settings below say they are not shared.  So which is it?

> and also the .pref n .abook files r created on server A
>

> squireel mail version 1.4.4
> multilogin plugin version 2.3.2-1.2 Paul Lesneiwski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> my config.php
>
> $IMAPSelections = array(
>
>       'KMUN' => array(
>           'imapServerAddress' => 'xx.xx.xx.1',
>           'imapPort'          => '143',
>         'data_dir'          => '/var/www/html/squirrelmail-1.4.4/data',
>       ),
>
>       'BALADIA' => array(
>           'imapServerAddress' => 'xx.xx.xx.2',
>           'imapPort'          => '143',
>           'org_title'         => 'MAIL SERVER',
>         'data_dir'          => '/var/data',

What format are your IMAP usernames in?  If they are the same as
fully-formatted email addresses, ie., keiko@xxxxxxxxxxx, then I
suggest that you only need one data directory, and remove the data_dir
setting completely.  If you really need separate data directories for
each server login, then show the permissions AND ownership of both of
the above directories (note that both of them are being accessed on
the server where SquirrelMail is installed).

Also compare the directory permissions and ownership against the
following FAQ pages and maybe you can solve your own problem:

http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/DataPermission
http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/QuickAndDirty