Re: auto read receipt

On 12/14/06, kshounish dasgupta <kshounish@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12/14/06, Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
> >>  Is there any setup fucntionality in squirrelmail which can provide "auto
> >> read receipt" feature. which means no manual intervention for user to sent
> >> read receipt. and as soon as message gets delivered to any mailbox local or
> >> global(internet) then it can report the delivery is done .
> >
> > Delivery !== Read
> >
> > For auto-read receipt (IMHO very invasive to users' privacy), you'd
> > have to make a couple quick hacks to I think src/compose.php.  As
> > always, first check if you can do it with a plugin to save yourself a
> > lot of pain when upgrading and possibly share with the community.
> >
> > For auto-delivery receipt, check your MTA/LDA.
>
> We did the hacks for one of our servers. It should be nice to have a hook
> for that, no ?

Did you hack in a hook?  Either way, show us a diff and we'll take a
look at adding it, at least to 1.5.2.

-paul

I think adding the below line would make it auto-receipt .

$rfc822_header->more_headers['Return-Receipt-To'] = $from_mail;

just for testing what i did is

  /* Receipt: On Read */
    if (isset($request_mdn) && $request_mdn) {
        $rfc822_header->dnt = $rfc822_header->parseAddress($from_mail,true);
    }
    /* Receipt: On Delivery */
    //if (isset($request_dr) && $request_dr) {
        $rfc822_header->more_headers['Return-Receipt-To'] = $from_mail;
    //}

do you think its correct.

But i am not looking for this . what i am looking for is , if i have sent a mail from my domain say kshounish@xxxxxxxxxxxx  to kshounish@xxxxxxxxx then there would be chances that the mail reaches to the yahoo mailbox or due to some rulesets in yahoo its bounces back. In ideal situation if the mail is delivered to the mailbox of yahoo then any administrator login of my server say  admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx should receive an acknowdgement that mailis delivered to the mailboxes .

--
regards,
Khounish Dasgupta

--