SM doesn't match upper-case address to lower-case identity

SM 1.4.9a
(I won't include my usual list of installation details, as I think it's
not relevant for this issue.)

I allow use of Advanced Identities, so each user can have multiple
identities. (Multiple addresses, names, etc.)

One of the great features of SM is that as long as each address has an
identity, when replying SM automatically inserts the same FROM address as
the original message to me was addressed TO. IOW, if someone sends to
alan@xxxxxxxxxx, when I reply then that address will be used as the FROM
address. If someone sends to alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, then as long as I have
an identify for that SM will insert that as the FROM address when I reply.

Problem: SM seems to get fooled by mail addresses in all caps. Even though
I have an identity for alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, if someone mails to
ALAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx then when I reply SM inserts my default identity in
FROM instead of alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx It seems that SM doesn't match the
all-caps address to the lower-case identity even though they are the same
address. Unfortunately French companies often put mail addresses in all
caps, so this is a problem for me.

Can SM be tweaked to recognize identity addresses irrespective of case?