Re: safari mac squirrelmail log in session issue

>>>  >>>  I've just downloaded the 1.5.1 from squirrelmail.org
>>>  >>>  It does work well with Safari (I'm using Tiger 10.4.8)
>>>  >>>
>>>  >>  Could I have a setting wrong some where, maybe a session or cookie
>>>  >>  domain setting or something?
>>>  >  >
>>>  >Perhaps, you can try to create a new user on your Mac, login as
>>>the new user
>>>  >and try Safari to connect to SM. Safari preferences are user
>>> specifics and
>>>  >stored in the user's Library directory
>>>
>>>  I just tried removing my config file and using conf.pl to
>>>  re-configure from scratch, same problem.   I am running 10.3.9.
>>
>>The suggestion, I believe, was to create a new user on your Mac (the
> client), so that you got a new set of prefs in the browser.
>
> Yes, I tried that also.  No difference.   Also tried on a 10.4.8
> client, same problem.
> So I have tested with a totally fresh (no added plugins, set up brand
> new config using the conf.pl)
> install, and with a fresh OS X user, and a machine that has never
> accessed the site at all.   Both 10.3.9, and 10.4.8.
>
> I did find one possibly clue though.   Normally people will log in
> with user name of:
>    username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> This is because the mail server has several domains on it.
>
> I instead typed just a user name-- for example  "Jack", and it at
> least worked a little better -
> this time, the center main frame actually drew the messages in the in
> box.   However, the left frame still said 'you must log in', and if I
> click a message in the main frame, it redraws and says 'you must log
> in'...

SquirrelMail 1.5.1 uses custom cookie handler with extra attributes. There
are known issues in IE for Mac. Custom cookie handler does not work in
latest PHP versions. Make sure that you have same issue in SquirrelMail
1.4.8 or make sure that your functions/global.php file is patched.

--
Tomas