Re: safari mac squirrelmail log in session issue

>>  >>>  I've just downloaded the 1.5.1 from squirrelmail.org
>>  >>>  It does work well with Safari (I'm using Tiger 10.4.8)
>>  >>>
>>  >>  Could I have a setting wrong some where, maybe a session or cookie
>>  >>  domain setting or something?
>>  >  >
>>  >Perhaps, you can try to create a new user on your Mac, login as
>>the new user
>>  >and try Safari to connect to SM. Safari preferences are user specifics and
>>  >stored in the user's Library directory
>>
>>  I just tried removing my config file and using conf.pl to
>>  re-configure from scratch, same problem.   I am running 10.3.9.
>
>The suggestion, I believe, was to create a new user on your Mac (the
client), so that you got a new set of prefs in the browser.

Yes, I tried that also.  No difference.   Also tried on a 10.4.8
client, same problem.
So I have tested with a totally fresh (no added plugins, set up brand
new config using the conf.pl)
install, and with a fresh OS X user, and a machine that has never
accessed the site at all.   Both 10.3.9, and 10.4.8.

I did find one possibly clue though.   Normally people will log in
with user name of:
   username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is because the mail server has several domains on it.

I instead typed just a user name-- for example  "Jack", and it at
least worked a little better -
this time, the center main frame actually drew the messages in the in
box.   However, the left frame still said 'you must log in', and if I
click a message in the main frame, it redraws and says 'you must log
in'...

--
powerful software and services: www.eesco.com