Re: Error after sending mail

>> Get SquirrelMail packages from Etch or Sid or ask backports.org to
>> include
>> SquirrelMail 1.4.6+ updates. Sarge does not have PHP 5.1.4.
>> backports.org
>> updates triggered known SquirrelMail bug. If you use PHP 5.0.4 or later,
>> upgrade to SquirrelMail 1.4.6 or later is strongly recommended.
>
> Allright. sorry I forgot mentioning, that I already include backports to
> my Debian Sarge. That's why there is a php 5.1.4.
> Squirrelmail 1.4.4 is from backports too, so I guess it will take some
> time till the newer versions are available there.
> Installing from etch/sid seems not so a good idea, because of dependencies
> that are not resolved in sarge/backports.

SquirrelMail dependencies are minimal
(http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/squirrelmail) and are not linked
to package version. I think you can install SquirrelMail debs from sid.

---
tomas@hermija:/usr/share/squirrelmail$ dpkg -l squirrelmail
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                         Version                      Description
+++-============================-============================-========================================================================
ii  squirrelmail                 1.4.8-1                      Webmail for
nuts
tomas@hermija:/usr/share/squirrelmail$ cat /etc/debian_version
3.1

You will have issues only when some backports package conflicts with
SquirrelMail 1.4.8 deb. If you can't install SquirrelMail from sid, then
you should talk to backports.org.

> By the way: the bugreport sounds like there was an error with *sending*
> any mail, but I get an error when storing the already sent mail to a
> specific mailbox. Is it the same error?

I think that it is same error. SquirrelMail 1.4.4 uses escape that works
only in older PHP versions. In PHP 5.1.0+ SquirrelMail sends invalid IMAP
APPEND command when message is saved.

Backports.org does not have squirrelmail package
(http://www.backports.org/backports.org/pool/main/s/).

You got squirrelmail 1.4.4-9 from security.debian.org
(http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/squirrelmail) and I suspect that
Debian Security Team won't update squirrelmail package. Fix
sqimap_append() function or update SquirrelMail package. Please note that
we have more PHP 5.0.4+ fixes in 1.4.6. You should see fatal errors in
message listing, if some message has priority headers.

--
Tomas