Re: Squirrelmail + avelsieve + dovecot: is it possible?

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 10:59:53 AM +0200, jam@xxxxxxx (jam@xxxxxxx)
wrote:

> I think you don't need such a configuration. We use fetchmail to
> collect mails from a couple of sources. Fetchmail is able to forward
> the messages to any local mail receipient. This means: Fetchmail
> gets the mails from x@xxxxxxx (POP3 or IMAP) and deliver it locally
> to myname@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Logging on to SM with myname@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> you see all those mails in your INBOX with a untouched "TO:" field
> (still x@xxxxxxx).

Yes, this (IIRC) is what I have right now.

> Then you can setup the serversidefilter plugin and to automatically
> move those messages from INBOX to a folder of your choice.

Sounds just like what I want to do, but there is one thing I don't get
yet, please help me to understand.  The serversidefilter page
(http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=210) says:

> Supports Virtual domains, Maildir and MBOX mailboxes, procmail and
> maildrop, and Spamassassin filtering.

what I don't get is: why/how does this plugin "support" procmail and
maildrop? Does this mean that the exact flow, is:

1) user logs into squirrelmail, which
2) runs serversidefilter, which
3) runs procmail, which sorts messages as per its rules

or something else? Please Explain. If I got it right: how does one
configure procmail from squirrelmail?

Note that if this is how this plugin works, I'll just ignore maildrop,
because:

* I know procmail and could just move on the server some procmailrc
  file I use at home

* unlike maildrop, procmail comes as a separate official package in
  centos, so I could have it updated automatically whenever a new
  version comes out.

Thanks!

	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Knowledge is not information, it's transformation- Osho