Re: default folder prefix problem

> Hello,
>
> I have set up squirrelmail 1.4.9 from CVS on an OpenBSD server running
> uw-imap. The tricky part of this installation is that there are no user
> home directories on this machine. I'd like the sqmail folders to be
> stored under /var/mail/squirrelmail/ but I can't work out how to achieve
> this. I've given /var/squirrelmail 777 permissions, but I get the
> following error in the left hand frame:
>
> *ERROR: Could not complete request.*
> Query: CREATE "/var/mail/squirrelmail/mail/Sent"
> Reason Given: CREATE failed: Can't create mailbox node
> /var/mail/squirrelmail/mail/Sent: Permission denied
>
> Google must be broken, because hours of searching haven't turned
> anything up! ;-)

http://www.openbsd.org/3.9_packages/i386.html

You have courier, cyrus and dovecot packages. All three can work with
virtual user setups. If you don't want to change default OpenBSD smtp
server, you will have to learn cyrus. See http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/

If you want to use courier imap, search for 'postfix courier mysql howto'.
You must recompile courier imap from the source and add --enable-unicode
option. I suspect that Courier IMAP port is not maintained in OpenBSD and
developers ask for diff even when people ask for simple one line
modification in Makefile.

If you want to use dovecot, search for 'postfix dovecot mysql howto'.

If you don't want to change your user setup, modify UW IMAP server. Search
keywords - 'uw imap homedir'. http://marc.merlins.org/linux/uwimap/

Please note that default uw mailbox format is not optimized for bigger
mailboxes and you can increase SquirrelMail performance by switching to
cyrus or courier or using mbx mailboxes instead of mbox.

--
Tomas