default folder prefix problem

Hello,

I have set up squirrelmail 1.4.9 from CVS on an OpenBSD server running
uw-imap. The tricky part of this installation is that there are no user
home directories on this machine. I'd like the sqmail folders to be
stored under /var/mail/squirrelmail/ but I can't work out how to achieve
this. I've given /var/squirrelmail 777 permissions, but I get the
following error in the left hand frame:

*ERROR: Could not complete request.*
Query: CREATE "/var/mail/squirrelmail/mail/Sent"
Reason Given: CREATE failed: Can't create mailbox node
/var/mail/squirrelmail/mail/Sent: Permission denied

Google must be broken, because hours of searching haven't turned
anything up! ;-)

xoc.