Re: Change_ldappass not validating password

>>> Hop this is what you are asking for in php extensions:
>>>
>> ... stripped irrelevant extensions ...
>>> LDAP Support => enabled
>>> RCS Version => $Id: ldap.c,v 1.130.2.13 2005/05/08 16:06:24 sniper
>>> Exp $
>>> Total Links => 0/unlimited
>>>
>>> API Version => 2004
>>> Vendor Name => OpenLDAP
>>> Vendor Version => 20122
>>
>> mhash extension is missing. some salted passwords can't be changed.
>>
>>> Here is an ldapsearch for a temp user name:
>>>
>>> SASL/CRAM-MD5 authentication started
>>> Please enter your password:
>>> SASL username: rjyates
>>> SASL SSF: 0
>>> # extended LDIF
>>> #
>>> # LDAPv3
>>> # base <> with scope sub
>>> # filter: (objectclass=*)
>>> # requesting: ALL
>>> #
>>>
>>> # search result
>>> search: 4
>>> result: 32 No such object
>>
>> I don't see hash used for user password. User can't find own entry in
>> LDAP. If you use {CRYPT} passwords, leave first 5 hash symbols.
>> They won't disclose your password and only show used crypt format.
>>
>> In your setup anonymous user must be able to find user's DN with
>> uid=username lookup. Then script must be able to log into LDAP with
>> found DN and IMAP password. Then script looks up user's entry one more
>> time and script must see userpassword field.
>>
>> from config.php
>> $attr =  array("userPassword","cn","sn","dc","uid");
>>
>> could you lowercase userPassword string? use "userpassword" instead of
>> "userPassword".
>>
>> --
>> Tomas
>>
> I have tried to get information on the password encryption but the
> only one I can come up with is  the one I removed from the
> sldap_macosxerve.conf which the first five hash symbols are {SMD5}
> Rcl4e .
> The information I posted from the ldapsearch was every thing that was
> returned, if I am using it right.

ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=domain,dc=actdsltmp' '(objectclass=*)'

or

ldapsearch -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=actdsltmp" -W -b
'dc=domain,dc=actdsltmp' '(objectclass=*)'

first command is anonymous ldapsearch without sasl, second one requires
admin's password. userPassword field could be base64 encoded.

> The only reference to mhash that I could find was in the php.ini file
> which was for mhash.dll for Window servers.

http://www.php.net/mhash

Plugin needs it for SMD5 and SSHA passwords.

Please find the format that stores your user passwords. Make sure that
passwords are stored in LDAP and not in some other database. If you don't
know where the passwords are stored, you can't find the way to change
them.

--
Tomas