Re: Change_ldappass not validating password

> I have searched the archives and although I have seen a lot of the
> same type problems, I have not seen any solutions that solve my problem.
>
> Some details:
>
> Mac Xserve running OSX 10.3.9
> PHP 4.4.1(openldap)
> Apache 2.0.54
> Squirrelmail 1.4.5 on one server and 1.4.6 on another
> Change_ldappass 1.9.1 (ldapV3)
> Compatibility 2.0.4
>
> I do have some problems with the compatibility mod not returning the
> "compatibility_check_sum_version" , I have just bypassed the if
> statement in change_ldappass/options.php that is looking for the
> compatibility_check_sum_version to get the right paths to
> validate.php and load_prefs.php by replacing the else part of the
> statement with:
>
>     if (!isset($config_php))
>     include_once(SM_PATH . 'include/validate.php');
>     include_once (SM_PATH . "config/config.php");
>     if (!isset($strings_php))
>        include_once (SM_PATH . "functions/strings.php");
>     if (!isset($page_header))
>        include_once (SM_PATH . "functions/page_header.php");
>     if (!isset($imap_php))
>        include_once (SM_PATH . "functions/imap.php");
>     include_once (SM_PATH . "include/load_prefs.php");
>
> This works for now to get the change_ldappass input screen to display
> with out errors ( a quick patch butt I would like to know how to get
> it to work with out this).
>
> When I try to change a password, change_ldappass now errors out with
> "Your old password is not correct." which is at the point where it is
> trying to compare the encrypted version of the oldpassword supplied
> by the input screen with the encrypted stored password from the ldap
> lookup at lines:
>
>        default:                        // Use plain text password
>          $cpass=$cp_oldpass;
>          $lpass=$storedpass;     // Override $lpass as it is
> truncated from the original
>          break;
>                  }                      //now check again the stored
> password against the encrypted version of the supplied old password
>                  if ($lpass != $cpass)
> {                        array_push($Messages, _("Your old password
> is not correct."));
>                         if ($debug) array_push($Messages, _("Stored
> Password:") . " $lpass " . _("Old Password:") . " $cpass");
>                          return $Messages;                }
>
> It seems not to be getting the right encryption method for this
> comparison. If I comment out the "default:" in the statement above,
> change_ldappass will end with the display of " Password changed
> successfully" but no new passwords are set in the ldap database, as
> when I log out and log back into squirrlmail I have to use the old
> password.
>
> There are no other errors in the server logs and the password loges
> show that change_ldappass is calling for the right encryption to be
> bound as the user to the ldap database and are being authenticated
> [...]

1. Please provide information about used crypto and enabled php
extensions. Create test account and show us test password hash string or
set temporary password for some account and show us string used for
password. You can see used password string with other LDAP utilities.
ldapsearch command or phpldapadmin.

2. Show change_ldappass plugin configuration.

P.S. Contact Apple and ask them to upgrade php package. PHP 4.4.1 has
known issues with SquirrelMail. They are not related to change_ldappass,
but still can cause problems with some options.

--
Tomas