vlogin plugin for squirrelmail - few problems.

Hello Squirrels ;)

I am one happy sysadmin who uses this wonderful piece of code.
Thanks to Paul and Ryan for the good job.

However, I do have two problems at the moment and I am not sure it's
the fault of the plugin, the fault of SM, or my own fault.

1. I have had cases where a user's .prefs file has been changed.
   What I mean is that snubber-sm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has ended up
   having pdontthink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx as the e-mail address, for
   example. How this happens has left me stumped. This is very
   dangerous, because then, when snubber-sm@xxxxxxxxxx sends out
   an e-mail, they appear as from pdontthink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, so
   the replies would go to pdontthink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Some of my clients are planning to crucify me for this sad
   problem. I am lost as to how this can happen...
   On another setup where I do not use the vlogin plugin, this
   has never happened (never reported to me).

2. I have a client who has shoved his fingers up my ass .. almost
   literally, and I was wondering how I can solve his problem with
   vlogin plugin. Basically, I want to display to him a different
   login page from all the other domains:

   'sucker-domain.tld' => array (
    login_page' => 'http://www.suker-domain.tld',
    )

I am not sure I am clear, but in my setup, all domains end up with
the same login page. All domains have to reference the prefix 'webmail'
to their domains to access the web UI, e.g.

webmail.wash.com will open up the default SM login page:

http://webmail.wash.com/src/login.php

There is some text displayed on the page that one client who sux just
won't see. For a live page, see:
http://webmail.wananchi.co.ke/src/login.php

Now, I just want to use the plugin to reference either

(a) a different login page (could be http://webmail.domain.com/x.html)
(b) a different index page, e.g.

    'sucker-domain.tld' => array (
    login_page' => '/path/to/sucker.html'
    )

Your valuable advise will be highly appreciated.

-Wash

DISCLAIMER: See http://www.wananchi.com/bms/terms.php

--
    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <wash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121