Only one of several users can't access their inbox

Hi:

I've seen similar issues described when I did my Google search, but
didn't see a resolution. So, I've joined the list in hopes someone can
help.

We have squirrelmail-1.4.6-7 running over Apache 2.2.0-5 on a fully
updated Fedora Core 5 system. We run our own sendmail for our several
domains, spamassassin, clamav, procmail, etc, all without issues.

We've had no issues with squirrelmail either--until yesterday. In fact,
only one of our several dozen users is having a problem. The other folks
are doing fine.

The user having the problem is a new user we just added from scratch,
using useradd. He's able to log on to squirrelmail, and he's able to
send mail. He's able to access his sent folder. He just can't access his
inbox. The message is "this folder is empty." But, it isn't empty, and
other uas (like mutt) have no problem accessing the inbox.

Just in case it might show me something, I copied my personal inbox over
to this new user's inbox filename and chown'd the file. Same "this
folder is empty" message--though squirrelmail has no problem showing me
my inbox.

So, I surmise it's not something about the file, or the permissions on
the spool directory.

Any help would be most gratefully appreciated. We love our squirrelmail
here, and want our new colleague to get the same opinion.

--

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.240.715.1272

Marketing the Owasys 22C talking screenless cell phone in the U.S. and Canada--Go to http://ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.

janina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx		http://a11y.org