Re: Local Users vs Virtual Users

> >> Ok I don't control the email creation as its the default in cPanel/WHM
> >> create an email address using the username of the hosting account and
> >> the
> >> hosting accounts domain, and my backend software includes this default
> >> email address in the activation email.
> > Sounds to me like you are saying that an account is created called
> > "user@xxxxxxxxxx".  Please be more specific.  Are you trying to say
> > that it tells you such an account is created, but actually the account
> > is merely "user" and it is a LOCAL account?  If so, contact WHM/cPanel
> > people and tell them you don't like how they designed their software
> > (sounds yucky to me).  We can't change that for you here.
>
> I'm not looking to change this.  Its just how cPanel/WHM does it.  It
> creates a hosting account with the given username and sets up a
> default/catchall email address of username@xxxxxxxxxx where domain.tld is
> the accounts website domain.

You still are not stating clearly what the issue is.  If you are not
looking to change this, what are you looking to do?  Is this the
problematic email account that is merely a local account that is
actually just "username" (sans the domain)?  Where is this user
logging in to SM (URI, etc)?  What do you want it to look like when
the user does so?  PLEASE - we need MORE specifics.

> >> I have them use the full email address as the webmail login page for all
> >
> > Hrm, how do you have someone use an email address as a page URL?  That
> > is, PLEASE be more exact in explaining yourself, lest we not be able
> > to help you.
>
> Sorry I seem to have left out a comma somewhere, and a word or two...  Heh
>
> Here is how it should read:
>
> I have them use the full email address as the webmail login and since the
> login page is only available via a page on my site the Vlogin wouldnt
> work, at least from the exmpple that you described.

Please do not assume we understand how your hosting setup works.  I am
only inferring here, but you need to clarify.  What I am inferring is
that you have just one SM login at some domain for your hosting
company through which users are to log in (why not give them their own
login through their own domain?  You can even use Vlogin to alias the
domain-specific SM pages to your main one, so you only have one SM
installation you maintain, but it looks like everyone has their own SM
installation.  Then you don't need to force the users to type so many
unecessary keystrokes and they can log in at their own domain.

If you want to be more restrictive than that, well, I won't buy
hosting from you, but that's your call.  In that case, then what is
the question?

> >> user accounts is on my main site, and is the only way they can login to
> >> their webmail so Vlogin wouldn't work at all.  I don't use the cpanel's
> >
> > Um, yeah, you lost me.  You need to be more specific.  Vlogin will
> > help you in more situations than you might imagine, but your
> > explanation is not clear enough to say for sure.  Include examples if
> > that is easiest.
> >
> >  -paul
>
> I appologize for my jumbled sentence but there is no need to be sarcastic.
>  While I do appriciate you trying to help I don't appriciate the attitude.

No sarcasm.  I am 100% serious that you should provide examples.