Search squid archive

Re: Squid TCP_TUNNEL_ABORTED/200

On 4/05/24 11:17, Emre Oksum wrote:
 >In this case, all your tcp_outgoing_addr lines being tested. Most of
 >them will not match.
Sorry I'm not really a Squid guy I was working on it due to a job that I took but I cannot figure this out. What do you mean most of them do not match? Does it mean Squid checks every ACL one by one that is defined in config to find the correct IPv6 address?

Yes, exactly so.

Each tcp_outgoing_address line of squid.conf is checked top-to-bottom, the ACLs on that line tested left-to-right against the Squid local-IP the client connected to.
 Most will non-match (as seen in the trace snippet you showed).
One should match, at which point Squid uses the IP address on that tcp_outgoing_address line.

As mentioned earlier, this is all on *outgoing* Squid-to-server connections. tcp_outgoing_* directives have no effect on the client connection.

If that's the case I still didn't understand why Squid randomly sends Connection Reset flag to client.

That is what we are trying to figure out, yes.

I asked for the cache.log trace so I could look through and see when one of the problematic connections was identified by Squid as closed, and whether that was caused by something else Squid was doing - or whether the signal came to Squid from the OS. Which would tell us whether Squid had sent it, or if the OS had sent it to both Squid and client.

I/we will need a full cache.log trace from before a problematic connection was opened, to after it fails. At least several seconds before and after.

Cheers
Amos