Search squid archive

Re: Squid as a http/https transparent web proxy in 2024.... do I still have to build from source?

On 11/04/24 21:55, PinPin Poola wrote:
I don't care which Linux distro tbh; but would prefer Ubuntu as I have most familiarity with it.

Latest Ubuntu provide the "squid-openssl" package, which contains the SSL-Bump and other OpenSSL-exclusive features.

Just install that package as you would the "squid" package. It can also be installed as a drop-in upgrade for the "squid" package.

One thing to be aware of in both cases, is that the SELinux security system does not allow Squid by default to access the /etc/ssl/* config area. So you may need to allow that depending on what your desired TLS/SSL settings in squid.conf are.

Cheers
Amos