Search squid archive

Squid as a http/https transparent web proxy in 2024.... do I still have to build from source?

I have put this off for a while, as I find everything about squid very intimidating. The fact you still use an email mailing list and not a web forum site amazes & scares me in equal part.

I am probably using the wrong terminology here, but I now desperately need to build a http/https transparent web proxy with two interfaces, so that clients on a isolated/non-Internet routable subnet can download some large (25GB+) packages.

I don't care which Linux distro tbh; but would prefer Ubuntu as I have most familiarity with it.

I have watched a few old YouTube videos of people explaining that at the time to do this you had to build from source and add switches like "--enable-ssl --enable-ssl-crtd --with-openssl \" before compiling the code.

Is this still that case that I cannot download and use a pre-compiled binary from your site?

Many Thanks
Pin