Search squid archive

Squid domain block feature is at DNS level ?

Hello, I'm looking to block some pages. I tried to block domains with a feature of my router, but it only works at DNS level. I can bypass it using a secure DNS in a browser like Firefox or Brave which accepts this "new" feature. I want to know if Squid blocks the domains at DNS level, or if it does a DNS lookup and blocks by ip or something similar. Thanks you.