Search squid archive

Re: caching videos over https?

thanks all you guys for your activity ;)

btw, also i noticed that about videocache written on official wiki.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent/YouTube

On 2016-11-20 03:18, Yuri Voinov wrote:
That's why I said that the development of the Indian - fake.

Yuri, first of all, your comment is outright _lie_ without justifications. Second, the developer has a name - Kulbir, and I believe, nationality of the developer is not relevant. Kulbir Saini, also wrote a book for beginners [1], directly referred on http://www.squid-cache.org/.

------

I used the product and can confirm it worked well. The product is no longer actively developing and the code was moved to GitHub [2]. Youtube support was officially dropped. Below is brief description of product's operations:

1. It adjusts refresh patterns to force video content caching, although the cached content could not be used by clients directly.
2. It continuously monitors for access.log to gather URLs and to count number of requests to the same URL.
3. The URL gets into the queue only if it was accessed configured number of times by a client.
4. It calculates exact location on the cache store for each URL and copies object directly from cache store to configured web server storage.
5. Next time, if it will detect request to already cached (on web server) object, URL rewriter redirects a client to the web server.

[1] https://www.packtpub.com/squid-proxy-server-31-beginners-guide/book
[2] https://github.com/kulbirsaini/videocache

Garri