Search squid archive

Re: squid-3.3.5 hangs the entire system

On 16/07/2013 8:32 a.m., Grant wrote:
Network or kernel level.
You can try to look at the MTU and other stuff.
to make sure there is no DNS interception etc.
For me it seems like a network issue.
If it's a network issue, could you be any more specific as far as what
to look for?  3.3.8 might be a bit better but that could be my
imagination.

- Grant

if you are using firefox the first thing to do is try start firefox in
safe-mode.
I don't have any Firefox add-ons installed but I restarted it in safe
mode with the same result.

after you try this try to launch it with firebug to make sure what
object is the problem.
I've launched Firefox with Firebug.  What should I monitor while loading a page?\

The stats shown by the "Net" panel usually make issues pretty clear. Take particular attention to any individual object URLs which are taking a while an what stage of processing they are stuck or taking a long time on.

Amos