Search squid archive

Re: Re: Modify Access Denied Page with Category?

On 6/05/2013 10:45 p.m., mat1_8 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

At this stage I am using different ACL's blocking different categories :).

The problem is that the source code of ERR_ACCESS_DENIED page does not
specify any Category. For example in Dansguardian access denied page there
is -CATEGORIES- variable that displays the category. I don't think I can
redirect to this page but? Thanks

What babajaga said to do (and I agree) was:

1) use different ACLs for the different categories. <-- you did this part.

2) assign different rejection pages to each ACL name, using deny_info
 http://master.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/deny_info/

Like mentioned the error pages are required to be HTML, but may contain client-side scripting such as JavaScript. YMWV on whether the client software will run any scripts though.

Amos