Search squid archive

Re: Commercial Squid tweak speeds things up significantly!

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 00:59:29 +1300
Amos Jeffries wrote:

> They are using a standard cache_peer parent relationship to fetch
> MISS traffic through a second filtering proxy of their own design.
> There is no bypass of Squid happening.

But I wonder what accounts for the OPs statement:

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:21:33 -0700
- Mikael - wrote:

> >  I tested this and that implementation really, really speeds things
> >  up.

I'm wondering if perhaps the squids were cleared between tests, but
the parent cache was left, giving Untangle an unfair advantage. Or is it
really faster?