Search squid archive

Re: Commercial Squid tweak speeds things up significantly!

On 26/11/2011 8:02 p.m., - Mikael - wrote:
Could you name this product and point at some documentation it has about
this process?
Its called Untangle. Its a Debian based distro with Squid based "web
caching app".
FAQ about caching app with some tech details is available at:
wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Web_Cache_FAQs

(sorry for the delay, I had a bit of trouble reaching that wiki domain for some reason).

They are using a standard cache_peer parent relationship to fetch MISS traffic through a second filtering proxy of their own design. There is no bypass of Squid happening.

Pity. :( I was looking forwad to something fancy and interesting.

Amos