Search squid archive

Re: Problem with HTTP Headers

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:26:17 +0200, Ghassan Gharabli wrote:
Hello again,

Sorry I replied back quickly before without noticing your rule if it
has "/" or not and at first I didnt need to ignore "/?" because I am
caching several websites like name.flv/?.* so now I am using :

acl ExceptExt urlpath_regex -i (mp(3|4)|flv)/(\?.*)
acl facebook dstdomain .facebook.com
acl facebookPages urlpath_regex -i \.([jm]?htm[l]?|php)(\?.*|$)
acl facebookPages urlpath_regex -i /(\?.*|$)
cache deny facebook facebookPages !ExceptExt

Actually , I started to see Facebook.com in cache since they changed
to https://www.facebook.com so till now all servers that have the same
settings are no longer caching facebook main page header except one
server .. maybe one of the clients is infected with a malicious!

It is only being cached when one of clients are opening facebook
because I alredy opened facebook and it is not caching on this server
!.

Hmm. Strange. Caching is not up to the client. All they can do is force non-cached results to be returned. The ability to cache is granted by the server (or not).

I'm a little suspicious it might be cached at the browser and Squid in the middle just relaying "no change" responses. But that is a guess without having looked at any of the transfer.

As you wish. I added that line because I noticed the front page for FB you wanted to non-cache has the URL path starting with the two characters "/?"
instead of .html or .php.

How can I debug or trace the URL path that starts with "/?" and how
did you notice the front page for FB including two characters "/?" ?

Experience with the HTTP URL syntax specification confirmed with some squidclient lookups on the FB front page. I've been bit by that kind of thing in regex patterns a few times myself and now make a point of checking for that kind of tiny detail.

Amos