Search squid archive

Re: Problem with HTTP Headers

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 19:14:48 +0200, Ghassan Gharabli wrote:
Dear Amos,

After allowing access  "Head" method in Squid Config

I deleted www.facebook.com from cache andthen I tried executing

squidclient -m head http://www.facebook.com

Results :

HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily
Location: http://www.facebook.com/common/browser.php
P3P: CP="Facebook does not have a P3P policy. Learn why here:
http://fb.me/p3p";
Set-Cookie: datr=hfW_TtrAQmi_2SxwAUY4EjPH; expires=Tue, 12-Nov-2013
16:51:17 GMT
; path=/; domain=.facebook.com; httponly
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:51:17 GMT
Connection: close

I am not seeing any pragma or cache-control and expires! but redbot
shows the correct info there!.

Ah, your squidclient is not sending a user-agent header. You will need to add -H "user-Agent: foo"

BTW .. I am also using store_url but im sure nothing is bad there . I
am only playing with Dynamic URL regarding to Pictures and Videos
extensions so I have only one thing left for me to try which is unlike
to do it ..

acl facebookPages urlpath_regex -i /(\?.*|$)

First does this rule affect store_url?

This is just a pattern definition. It only has effect where and when the ACL is used. The config I gave you only used it in the "cache deny" access line.

That said, "cache deny" prevents things going to the cache, where storeurl* happens.

For example when we have url like

http://www.example.com/1.gif?v=1244&y=n

I can see that urlpath_regex requires Full URL which means this rule
matches :

http://www.example.com/stat?date=11

The pattern begins with '/' and the "cache" access line I gave you included another ACL. Which tested the domain name was *.facebook.com.

It will match things like:
  http://www.facebook.com/?v=1244&y=n

but *not* match things like:
  http://www.example.com/1.gif?v=1244&y=n

I will try to ignore this rule and let me focus on facebook problem
since we have more than 60% traffic on Facebook.

As you wish. I added that line because I noticed the front page for FB you wanted to non-cache has the URL path starting with the two characters "/?" instead of .html or .php.

Amos