Search squid archive

Re: Fwd: Re: Re: Bandwidth split?

On 11/11/10 20:52, J Webster wrote:
To start off simply and just get the limit working, can I use this:
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 2
delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 125000/125000
delay_access 1 allow all

That should limit all connections to 1 Mbps.
I have seen varying lines for the last one ranging from allow all, deny
all, and webmin doesn;t even put in that line at all.
After that, I would like to add in the regexs one by one if it start
limiting the server.
Will the above just limit by IP connection?

Yes. That will make separate buckets for each individual client IP, with no grouping.

So, I don;t need to bother cross checking the access of the ncsa_users?
Only ncsa_users have access to the server anyway.

Yes, these delay_pools limit how much data gets read for sending to the client. So only clients who have proxy access can be delayed.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3