Search squid archive

Re: Re: Bandwidth split?

Yes sorry, at work.  See Below.  I am not 100% on fill-rate versus the
other numbers, so I'll leave that up for someone else to reply.  I would
just tinker with the values until you get acceptable results until
then.

acl magic_words1 url_regex -i 192.168
acl magic_words2 url_regex -i ftp .exe .mp3 .vqf .tar.gz .gz .rpm .zip
.rar .avi .mpeg .mpe .mpg .qt .ram .rm .iso .raw .wav .mov
acl restuser proxy_auth ncsa_users

delay_pools 3
delay_class 1 2
delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 -1/-1
delay_access 1 allow magic_words1
delay_access 1 deny all
delay_class 2 2
delay_parameters 2 5000/150000 5000/120000
delay_access 2 allow magic_words2
delay_access 2 deny all
delay_class 3 1
# 256 Kbit/s fill rate, 1024 Kbit/s reserve
delay_parameters 3 32000/128000
delay_access 3 allow restuser
delay_access 3 deny all

Chad E. Naugle
Tech Support II, x. 7981
Travel Impressions, Ltd.

>>> "J Webster" <webster_jack@xxxxxxxxxxx> 11/8/2010 10:28 AM >>>
do I need to add this:
delay_access 2 deny all
delay_access 1 deny all
?

Also, what is the difference between fill rate and reserve?
I think I have a fill rate of 256, maybe I should increase this for
watching
video?

I am using iftop on the server, and users still seem to be connecting
at
more than 1Mbps so maybe it isn;t picking up the ncsa users?