Search squid archive

Re: Allow downloading EXE files from specific site only

On 9/30/10, Malvin Rito <mrito@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> We been running Squid Proxy 3.0 for 1 year now and there were some issues
> wherein some of our clients PC need to be allowed to download *.EXE files
> from specific site (e.g. autodesk.com website). Since we already BLOCKED
> files including downloading EXE files from our squid config, is there any
> way we can allow not blocking EXE files from specific website or domain?
>
> I appreciate your help in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Malvin

Hi Malvin,
Below is what I have for my squid, I hope that must help you
Kindly note that this acl must be placed in squid.conf bfore the exe
blocking acl

acl freesites url_regex "/usr/local/etc/squid/freesites"
http_access allow freesites

specify all your allowed sites from where you want users to download
exes in the freesites files
Also kindly change the location appropriately for the freesites , if
linux change that to /etc/squid/freesites