Search squid archive

Re: squid books?

Glenn English wrote:
On Feb 4, 2010, at 9:13 AM, J. Webster wrote:

Is the O'Reilly squid book still relevant as it was written and published 6 years ago.?

I use it. For the simple configuration at my site, it, in combination with the man page, has told me everything I need to know. I'm pretty sure there are things I don't know about, but that hasn't been a problem so far.
I suspect the operative phrase here is "simple configuration".

Thats pretty much the case.
But then I know there are an awfully huge bunch of people still using Squid-2.5 which the book was written for.

The wiki FAQ is the most up to date texts available. It's essentially a copy of the book with updates from various other written sources and the developers as we changed things.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.16