Search squid archive

Re: dns problem

J. Webster schrieb:
I was having a problem on my squid server whereby 1 website would timeout daily and return a nscd not found error: www.skyplayer.com
(...)
I have found that by restarting the dns cache everything works again:
/etc/init.d/nscd restart
This is not a squid-related problem. I assume that the IP address of the source server has changed and the caching name server still provided the old entry to squid. Another possibility is a corrupt DNS cache. Squid uses whatever DNS information it gets from the name servers configured through the operating system or optionally directly in squid.conf. You might want to configure your provider's nameservers if you only need external name resolution.

Hope this helps,
Jakob Curdes