Search squid archive

Re: Hardware/software suggestions (TPROXY)

Michael Bowe wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Amos Jeffries [mailto:squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Hi Amos

If you get 4+ core hardware, a CARP model with one instance receiving
all requests and balancing across the other cores for actual storage
handling with 1+ disk per core scales extremely well.

I'll go read up on CARP

I wonder whether CARP + TPROXY would play together nicely though?

Good point.
Have not tried it but I expect they are able to work together. TPROXY in 3.1 works between peers.

It would just require some additional routing tricks to force packets from the LB instance to go through a public interface and be double-TPROXY'd on their way to the back-end. Avoiding use of the lo interface which can't be bound to remote IPs.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15