Search squid archive

Re: Is it possible that the proxy server acts as web server when the real web server is down temporally

higeon wrote:
Hello,
I built a squid proxy server to accelerate my web server because  the
web server has a very poor slow network(9600bps).
Is it possible that the proxy server still continually responses to
the web requests from the cache even if the real web server is down or
unavailable temporally ?
Thank you!

Yes possible.

If any of several things are true:
 1) objects requested are cached AND not expired
or
 2) web server sets Cache-Control: stale-if-error

You will also want collapsed forwarding.

These last two are available in Squid-2.7.
But not ported to Squid-3.x yet.

Amos
--
Please be using