Search squid archive

Re: reload_into_ims on

John Doe wrote:
From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
But... it does not work for me... :/
I have reload_into_ims on (plus ignore-reload ignore-no-cache in refresh_pattern) and each time I do a shift-reload in my browser, squid fetches again the whole page from the web server, even when he has everything already in its cache...
Are you sure Squid isn't sending a IMS request to the server and getting the entire object back? Its teh servers choice whether the respond to IMS with a full object or a 30x not changed.

If I do a simple reload, I get "TCP_IMS_HIT 304" entries in squid logs.
If I do a shift-reload, I get "TCP_HIT 200" entries...

Is there an easy way to see squid's request header?

A packet trace on the outbound side of squid.
The more interesting thing would be a packet trace of the whole squid-server communication and see as I suggested, whether that 304 contains a body object or not.

Run this on the squid box:
  tcpdump -w $SERVERIP.trace -i $IFACE host $SERVERIP
where:
  SERVERIP is the IP of the remote server.
  IFACE is the internet-facing interface on the squid box.

And while its capturing, run your simple reload test.

The file $SERVERIP.trace can be browsed with ethereal/tethereal/wireshark to view the traffic.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.5