other sugestion?

What you are looking for is winbind helper. It runs as an external ACL.
Any other approach will also need to run an external ACL, so the answer to your seconds question is yes and the example is winbind.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 11:50 PM, Tom Porch <tom.porch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Or reservations in DHCP rather than setting on each workstation

From: Kinkie [gkinkie@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 December 2008 21:34
To: Razvan Grigore
Cc: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  NTLM Auth for workstation not users

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Razvan Grigore <esteticu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I successfully implemented a working solution with squid 3.0STABLE10,
NTLM Auth & samba.
I have an AD group with users that are allowed to access the internet.

What is demanded now by my company is to add to that internet group
some computer accounts, that will have access to the proxy no matter
what user is logged on them.

Now, from AD point of view, it's easy to add the computer name to that
group. The problem is with squid acl's. Can you please give me an
example as how I should get it working? Or external acl is the answer
here? If yes, can you also give me an example?
Give those computers static IP address and list those IP address in an
allowed ACL.

--
   /kinkie

Amos