Search squid archive

Re: Sending mail through port 80

wh@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello.

My ISP SMTP server accepts connections to port 80 instead of 25. I am unable to send mail using this server from the LAN because squid catches

all the traffic through port 80. How can I tell squid to ignore or not cache connections to that server? Would that still work?

Thank you in advanced for your help.

Once the connections reach squid its far too late to ignore them.

Your ISP is offering severely broken service and needs a good yelling at. Providing a public service over port-80 is downright foolish.

There are several different ranges of port available (25, 587-589, and 15**) for SMTP servers under various scenarios and security needs.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.2