Search squid archive

Squid Fails on Reconfigure

I'm having a recurring issue with squid 2.7STABLE5 on FreeBSD 6.3 - part of the problem is that I cannot pinpoint the cause. Often (though not always) when squid -k reconfigure is run squid goes a bit haywire and maxes out one core and becomes unresponsive to connections.

SquidGuard log is clean
cache.log last entry is helperOpenServers: Starting 5 'ncsa_auth' processes

it hangs there until a kill command is executed - does not respond to squid -k shutdown at this point.

Rick